Monday, December 24, 2012

Seasons Greetings

Man, was September really the last time I posted? I come bearing few pictures, but a lot of good news! So, since I lasted posted, I took a spontaneous trip to New York with Jackie. We stayed in Williamsburg with her brother Paul, who works for Ralph Lauren. I was spoiled with the best eats, and Paul took us to really cool boutiques that I could in no way afford. I was in Bird during the end of our trip and naively took down a beautiful burgundy and black Proenza Schouler bowling bag, only to look up and see every employee staring me down.


I kept my packing simple for my trip because I wanted to leave room for purchases. I ended up wearing this outfit to grab bagels one morning, but the black shirt and floral shorts were actually my sleepwear for the second half of the week. Other basics I rotated through: Asos denim jacket, black chelsea boots from Topshop, beige leather oxfords also from Topshop (a spontaneous buy that has become a staple), black jeans, white sheer button-up tank with black collar, two plain tops, and grey trouser shorts. I also brought a gorgeous red dress that I first wore on my birthday, but I didn't end up using it.

Since my last post, I also got a job! I nabbed black leather loafers from Topshop while in New York, my only big purchase, and they've been my go-to work shoe, since I now work in a law office.



I also gave in and got myself the Madewell Satchel as a reward for finally getting a job. Also pictured in the shitty bathroom selfie is a vintage striped sweater (from Etsy) that's starting to fall apart from extended use and a burgundy plain jersey dress from Dorothy Perkins. Not pictured: Marais USA loafer heel in sienna/brown. If you haven't noticed, I jumped on that burgundy train and I'm riding it through. It's such a perfect color. The second picture was from my uncle's birthday party, where my cousin and I realized we both have burgundy bags and reddish/orange wallets AND a random black baggy--mine carries headphones and hers make-up.


Aaand for the finale of awkward phone pictures, here's one that my friend Katie snapped of me at a bar this past Friday. I lightened my ombre and dyed it hot pink. It ended up turning drastically more pink than expected, and my solution to my hair clashing with outfit colors is to put it up in a crown braid. I'm not sure what I'll do with it once it fades, maybe dye it a different color or go back to my natural color.

Anyway, one of my resolutions for 2013 is to breathe some life back into Charlie and Linus, so please be patient!



No comments:

Post a Comment