Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Seeing Red

Oxblood, burgundy and deep reds are trending this fall. I've always loved the idea of having a key piece of my closet be red, something timeless that also pops. True red is too flashy for me, so I tend to toward darker reds. There's just something about that color that feels edgy and classic.


Madewell Camden Satchel
 Maybe it's because I'm trying to train my closet to be small and efficient or because I've been daydreaming about a new job and work clothes to match, but I feel like this will be a good investment bag. Simple, timeless, and practical. I bought a similar bag from Aldo a couple of years ago, but it's turn out to be a little small, and the magnetic clasp is weak, so if I put anything heavy in the bag, like a water bottle, it opens up.



Topshop Bordeaux Hiking Boots


Topshop Leather Lace-up Shoes

After my last pair of black pants gave out, I went a year or so without buying a proper new pair. I finally gave in and remembered why black skinnies are essential to every closet. It simplifies and cleans up an outfit immediately. I've been trying to wear them on the cooler summer days, and it's got me daydreaming about spicing up my outfits with fun shoes. The hiking boots aren't a priority, but I like the leather lace-ups as an alternative to black creepers, a shoe that I've always admired, but immediately decided were too cool for my closet.

The last burgundy piece on my wish list is the Penfield Kasson Parka that Lily posted about last month from Madewell that I basically want to live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment